Saturday, April 20, 2013

Blog Post #13

Mr. Paul Anderson created this video about Blending Learning and the cycle he created to do with it. We have learned about Blended Learning in which teachers take online, mobile, and classroom and joining them. He tells us that the best cycle he uses in his AP science class is Engage-Explore-Explain-Expand-Evaluate. He then goes into detail saying he uses the acronym QUIVERS. QUIVERS stands for: QUestions, Investigation/Inquiry, Video, Elaboration, Review, Summary quiz. He uses an oilers disc and a mirror as his example.


I think this is a very effective way to teach and to learn. I feel like EDM310 is a Blended Learning classroom, even though we spend most of our time out of the classroom. I like using technology and I like being able to teach myself new things everyday and I hope I can do that with my future students. I believe technology is a great thing and every classroom should have some sort of technology in it, whether it be a SmartBoard, an iPad, or the whole classroom taught on computers. We can't escape technology, it's growing everyday, so why not just take advantage of it?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashton,
    I agree with you that EDM310 is a blended learning classroom. I also hope that I'm able to use technology in my classroom. I think that its a really creative way for students to being their learning process. We as teachers should offer the best for our students so I think if that means using more creative ways of education then we should embrace that! Great post!
    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete